Spark Move Trailer - Running Light Problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoosparkguy

Hey all,

I just replaced the tail light fixture on my 2016 Seadoo Spark Move Trailer with the Wesbar unit.

Both blinkers are working, both brake lights are working, both small orange running lights near the front of trailer are working but the running light on the fixture I just replaced is NOT working. The other side's running light is working though. So, to recap, the only light not working is the running light on the new fixture that I just installed.

My level of understanding is pretty low so would appreciate any beginner tips on how to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

White wire is ground, probably not getting grounded from how it looks, crimp a ring terminal from the new light and put some heatshrink before so it doesn't get corroded. And use the place where the old light was grounded.
1586551490959.png

Okay thanks I will try that. I know my current connection isn’t looking great - even though there is good contact in my splice, it could be the issue?

Okay thanks I will try that. I know my current connection isn’t looking great - even though there is good contact in my splice, it could be the issue?
I did something similar to what you did with the trailer ground since i wanted to test my lights and it was no bueno, would be best to rule that out since it doesn't take that long to do. you could also try testing the light itself to make sure it works. or get a probe and test the connector.

Shoot. That didn’t work for me.
I also noticed that the light on my 4-pin connector is lit up for taillights too.
Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help. Pulled the wires out a little further through the back of the trailer and quickly noticed that one was totally severed. Must have chaffed inside the trailer and broke over time. Easy fix and we're good now.

Back