Spark has error code, blows fuse, dealer says it is ok....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

suicidebonger

Hi all,

So long story short. Got new Spark. 2nd ride out upon a semi hard landing jumping my own wake (very small) upon landing I get an engine warning light and beep. No loss of power everything feels fine. I take it back to shore, restart it, and the engine fault indicator was gone. I take it right back out, did a series of small jumps, again, upon landing it blows the 15amp BATT fuse. 1.75 hours on machine. So after a long cold swim to shore and the walk of shame around the shore line for 45 min I make it to loading dock.

I took it right back to the dealer, explained the problem I was having. They call me and say no history of error in computer and it is running fine. Well of course, go get a small amount of air. I ask if they took the top off and checked all the connections, grounds, and if they tested rectifier or stator. None of the above happened.

Apparently they thought they could satisfactorily diagnose and service a Spark from the side panel cover only. I basically couldn't talk them into popping the top off, they had checked everything and it was good.

I then drove fast as hell mad as hell all the way there and got my skis out of there. I sent the owner of the dealership a nice long letter. So here I am, busted knuckles wasting my own damn time looking at this thing trying to find issue before a beautiful holiday weekend to enjoy my new Spark. Also 3K of aftermarket on deck waiting for break in to be over.

Another rider at greenhulk had an issue with same fuse, much worse by the sounds of it as far as frequency. His dealer found a pinched wire, shorting on the engine. My Dealer service team would have never been able to find a problem like that looking in the side cover.

I am just here venting, sharing with you my experience thus far. 5500 out of pocket, 6k in debt, with spark and parts. 1.75 hours on clock, 2 busted knuckles.

Geez, and that's the dealer you purchased from? I'd be irate too. Luckily the top deck is easy enough to pop off and take a look yourself. We'll soon have the spark manual in the premium section (next couple days) which will help. Sorry for your luck man...seems there are a lot fewer dealers standing by their customers than those willing to tell you to screw off after making a sale.

Out of curiosity, what aftermarket stuff did you get for your spark?

Yes same dealer I purchased from. Sales guy is/was great, service department is another story. I got the top off and couldn't find anything. Takeing it back out today to try and get an error code...

I called them this morning and told them I am taking it out to make it happen again, and when it does, I will be bringing it back. It is either fixed promptly, you exchange it, or I am calling a lawyer.

Aftermarket I have:

Vtech 109hp Tune + Maptuner
Riva Waterbox
Riva Rear Exhaust Kit
RD Power Filter Intake
RD Intake Great
RD Sponsons
RD Pump Seal Kit
Skat Trak Stainless Wear Ring
Skat Trak Vtech Tuned Prop
Hydro Mat Kit

Sea Doo: