Set to Take the Spark Plunge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ghebert1111

I am looking to add a Spark to my fleet of 2 1996 XPs, one of which I've had since 1996. There are new sparks going back to 2017 near me. We don't need any extra storage/music etc... we live on a lake so we just want something we can get on, do some tricks on and come back to the dock; we use the boat for cruising around.

I was looking for input on if there are any years to avoid and if there were any mechanical/performance differences between these years. I was only able to find:
from 2018 to 2019 "Mechanically the Spark line only saw a few minor changes including improved Bosch fuel injectors and a new dual seal jet pump design."

Thanks in advance.

2017 Sea-Doo SPARK™ TRIXX™ Base
2018 Sea-Doo SPARK® TRIXX™ 2-up Rotax 900 HO ACE
2019 Sea-Doo Spark® Trixx™ 2-up Rotax® 900 H.O. ACE™ IBR
2020 Sea-Doo Spark® Trixx™ 2-up Rotax® 900 H.O. ACE™ IBR & CONV

I have a 2017 Spark 2UP 900 HO ACE iBR....decent ski, not the fastest thing but fast enough to tool around on, play tricke with. It is fairly lightweight tyhough and it will beat you up in rough water (we ski on a River (St. Lawrence) and it does get rough out there sometimes (a lot actually). I crashed it really bad (almost totalled it really, but ended up rebuilding it with a new hull)....she works great again and starts everytime.

I then acquired a 2018 GTI....much bigger and heavier machine and more suitable for cruising.

The Spark was pretty cheap too....$$$$ wise.

I was just looking into adding a trixx ramp kit to a 2018 spark (conversion) looks like in 2018 & newer, the ramp kit isn't needed, just plug & play IBR / VTS modules but in the 2017 & later models, there was quite a modification involved with the pump. I think it has to do with the IBR pumps vs the non-IBR pumps. so there's a difference in the pump 2018 and newer. I ended up just buying a trixx. as mentioned above, the spark hull is very light and any chop is very uncomfortable- but, I have so much fun on my trixx that I never used my gtx 215 anymore. I don't miss the top end at all because I'm too busy enjoying the trixx bottom end! I can honestly say I haven't had this much fun on a water bike in decades. I recommend a trixx if you're buying a spark.

Back