Seafoam??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DooGuy

Hey there, Seafoam safe for the supercharged 215's? Have used this snake oil in many truck engines with good success for cleaning injectors and such. Just curious what experiences people have had with in the Rotax. Pros/cons?

I don't use Seafoam and so can't comment on that, but 10forty2 if you have 155's those are not supercharged, right?

Hey there, Seafoam safe for the supercharged 215's? Have used this snake oil in many truck engines with good success for cleaning injectors and such. Just curious what experiences people have had with in the Rotax. Pros/cons?
I don't see why it would matter if you put in the gas it would never have contact with the supercharger.

I don't use Seafoam and so can't comment on that, but 10forty2 if you have 155's those are not supercharged, right?

If they're not, then I spent close to a grand and folded myself in half to rebuild SOMETHING on each engine last year! LOL!

Yes, it is basically snake oil. Pretty much all gas now has plenty of detergents in it.
It will not hurt anything but you would be better off using something like Marine Sta-Bil to keep the fuel fresh since it goes bad so quickly today with the added ethanol.

Pretty sure they are 155s in the 2005 SC Speedster......

I have twin 155hp naturally aspirated engines in my 2010 210 Challenger. There has never been a 155s have never been supercharged.

Based on the parts system, there are 2 Speedster 200s in that year. Both twin engines. One NA, one SC.

Yes, it is basically snake oil. Pretty much all gas now has plenty of detergents in it.
It will not hurt anything but you would be better off using something like Marine Sta-Bil to keep the fuel fresh since it goes bad so quickly today with the added ethanol.

Yeah I’m debating on using it etc.

I’ve been running ethanol free and going thru pretty quickly with a lot of lake time so not much sitting there. Figure want something to clean the fuel pump and the injectors without having to remove.

Seafoam is absolutely fine to run in your boat. I personally think it makes the boat run smoother. I usually buy the generic version because its cheaper (Rural King, Menards, Wal-mart, etc..) I know a 30+ year boat mechanic who swears by it.

However, if you know you are going to run your boat for several hours on a given day, you might try Berryman's B12. Now that stuff is a powerful and relatively cheap.

I have twin 155hp naturally aspirated engines in my 2010 210 Challenger. There has never been a 155s have never been supercharged.

Based on the parts system, there are 2 Speedster 200s in that year. Both twin engines. One NA, one SC.

Thanks! Based on the documentation that came with my boat from the previous owner, I had always thought they were 155s. I did some Googling on it and sure enough, came up with 2005 SC Speedster 200 was combined 370HP. But I do know for a FACT that they are supercharged, because I removed the SCs and sent them off for rebuilding, so I'll have to assume that they are 185s instead of 155s. I've changed my "For Sale" ads accordingly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back