Seadoo XP 951 1998 have a loud noise from jet on idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Lars Joey

Hello!
I got a XP 951 Limited year 1998.
I get this in a trade and dont know much about it.
I finally get it to start yesterday after changing the fuelhoses and some elektrical problems.

But it have a loud noise from jet area on idle,can sombody tell me whats this is?

The anti-rattle kit doesn't always solve the problem. It is just the way these pumps are, they rattle at idle out of the water and sometimes even in the water.

Ok,so this is normal on idle out of the water? Yes I have taking out the steering nozzle,for a better look inside.

Yes, they rattle and make lots of noise out of the water, everyone thinks something is damaged but it's just a Seadoo.

Mine was improved by adding the rubber bumpers at the ends of the drive shaft. I had forgotten to put them back on when engine was rebuilt. Still rattles… but much less.

Thanks for answer 😊 I removed the hub in the jetpump to check the bearings innside. It was full of yellowish thin grease, maybe water in it? Can I use the grease on picthure?
20230506_131303.jpg20230506_131239.jpg

Do you mean you removed the cone? Better hold off until someone answers, as far as I’m aware they take jet pump oil from brp or I believe 75w90 GL5 polyolester as an alternative but best to check your manual for your model

Kinda Strange coloration. You have to know what it looked like BEFORE it was added. LOL I'm used to seeing darkened oil or sometimes MILKY. Yours still looks clear. I'd lean toward leaving everything as is and replace the oil. If you believe water got in there then the proper response would be to replace the seal on the impeller side. Ski sounds OK to me. :)

Yes
manual will tell how much
When filling from the rear plug, the oil needs time to ‘seep’ past the rear needle bearing to fill the entire cavity.
manual will also talk about pressure testing (seal, cone O ring)

Hello!
I got a XP 951 Limited year 1998.
I get this in a trade and dont know much about it.
I finally get it to start yesterday after changing the fuelhoses and some elektrical problems.

But it have a loud noise from jet area on idle,can sombody tell me whats this is?
I just picked up a 97 xp that "only needed a starter" and am having start problems. What electrical problems did you run in to and how did you fix them?

I just picked up a 97 xp that "only needed a starter" and am having start problems. What electrical problems did you run in to and how did you fix them?
Hey! The first thing I have to do was cleaning and reconnect cables to the starter relay,innside the black box on the right side.
Then I have no power or beep when I put in the "key" Last owner put in a extra +cable to the cluster,and this was not connetcet to battery.

And all fuelhoses and pulsehose was not correct connected to the fuelpump.

Back