Seadoo Sinks Occasionally Mystety

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snotrocket

I've been having this really crazy issue with our 2012 GTI SE 130 sinking some nights while we are asleep. Just wanted to share my story as i think I found the problem. Unless you guys think I should investigate further.

So as I said we would ride the seadoo during the day no problem. I'd check throughout the day for water in the hull and everything seemed fine. This weekend we went to bed and woke up to find the ski half sunk. That day i bailed out some of the water and then pulled the ski to dry it right out. While bailing the water i noticed a stream of water coming from the 90 degree elbows attached to the clear lines. I didn't think much of it as the holes in the elbow appeared as if they are supposed to be there. After the hull was dry I put the ski back in to see if I could find the leak. After almost 12 hours of it sitting in the lake it was bone dry! Which was actually frustrating because now I could not figure out where the water was coming in from.

After doing some research on here I noticed there was talk of the clear siphon lines having to be tied up just under the seat. Instead I found them where my finger is pointing in the picture close to the floor of the hull.

So my question is when the ski is sitting over night and those hoses are close or under the water line is it enough to sink the watercraft? It sort of explains to me why the problem was intermittent with the lines being level is the water.

As you can see I've tied the lines up in their recommended location and hopefully it's problem solved. I won't know until it either sinks or doesn't sink again this summer.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

106.jpg

Correct, if the clear siphon lines are laying in the hull it will fill with water. While moving those lines suck out water in the hull. This has happened to me on my XP. Check to make sure your carbon seal on the driveshaft isn't leaking also. FYI it is not recommended for Seadoo' to sit in water overnight but many have done it with no issues.

Can you post if the re-setting of the siphon lines worked? It's good to know solutions that worked......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back