SeaDoo RXT 260 Sunk, NEED HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

First some short background on the situation at hand:

We were pulling an inner tube and the rope became stuck in the intake grate/impeller.

We flipped over the ski and cut the rope.

The ski started taking on water as the weight of two people (who were untangling the rope) offset the balance.

We immediately took it back to the launch, started draining, and towed it home.

What should we do now? What will the dealer do? All advice appreciated.

-LewisIMG_2370.JPGIMG_2375.JPGIMG_2380.JPGIMG_2379.JPG

Speaking from experience don’t start it.
Drain the hull. Pull the intake hose off and get the water out. Pull the hoses off the intercooler and get the water out.
Make sure all the water is out of the engine before starting, otherwise you will be changing the oil about 5 or 6 times trying to get the milky oil out of the crank case.

I would suggest pulling the spark plugs before trying to crank it or you could bend a rod.
Is you oil milky or clean?

From experience on the rope part, a sharp knife, a vice grips and some patience and you should be able to get the rope untangled from the drive shaft. If it sucked the rope into the impeller as stated I have no experience with that. Hopefully you have access to the grate area when its on your trailer. We cleared ours a couple of times when it was on a lift and the ski incurred no damage.

Hey Everyone, thanks for all the help and suggestions. My mechanic changed the oil 9 times, changed the spark plugs 2x, dumped out the inter cooler, manifold, and supercharger along with doing a few other things. Electronics were fine. Runs like it did before the incident!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back