Seadoo RXT (2005) Gauge Cluster Not Working

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Gremlin

Hey,

I have a 2005 Seadoo RXT with about 215 hours on it. Last summer I placed the key on the post and noticed the gauge cluster flicker. It woke up and on I went. The next morning, I went out for a ride and there was no action on the gauge cluster. I checked wires, replaced fuses and still nothing. I gave up for the time being as I was still able to run the ski and get some use out of it during the short riding season in Chicago. I spent time in the fall to fix the issue. I had assumed the gauge was shot. Looking online, new gauge clusters sell for $700 plus. I was able to find someone on ebay who repairs gauges. So for $250 I sent him my gauge. The mechanic cut it open and made some electrical fixes internal to the gauge. When I received it back, it still did not function. I then contacted the guy who I sent the gauge to and he assured me he had it working. Luckily he allowed me to ship it back to him. He reconfirmed it works and even sent me a video of it working on his same model seadoo RXT. It was then shipped back to me and sure enough, no action still.

I then purchased a used wire set that goes from the front hull connection to the gauge wondering if it was a wiring issue as well as checking and replacing fuses. Still nothing. I'm at a loss at this point. The wiring from the front of the hull to the mpem is a mess of convoluted wires. Maybe I have a bad wire somewhere? I've talked to a few dealers and they all tell me to bring it in and they'll hook up to the ECM to learn of any error codes. I've also been told it would take a lot of trial and error to find the issue.

One thing to note, a year before this, I lost the screws that mount the intake grate to the bottom of the hull while out riding. Well the two front screw ports are routed through the haul, creating an entry point for water. Needless to say, the rear of my ski was submerged the next day. Part of the engine and the MPEM/Fuse box area was under water. I'm curious if this caused an electrical issue.

Any recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back