Seadoo 2005 3D RFI won't turn left...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

billymay

Hi guys,

I have a 2005 3D that won't turn left. It turns right no problem. I have read other discussions on the board and checked the steering cable and I don't think it is sticking and the nozzle moves freely to both sides. I also had a look at the stator and it looks fine... I had someone working on the impeller not too long ago, is it possible that the stator is in backwards, thus not correcting the counter-clockwise motion of the water? I just wanted to know before I took everything apart.

Thanks,

Billy

cable

I had that same exact problem. I replaaced the entire stator assemby. It did nothing. Then I replaced the steering cable. Bingo its fixed. I should of done that 1st. They get "broken" when the crimped part at the end becomes un-crimped causing the cable to flex when turned a certain direction. Because the cable pushes and pulls to steer the boat, if its damaged, it won't let the boat turn correct. Just get someone to hold onto the jet nossle while you turn the steering wheel. If the cable bows, then its damaged. Just replace it.

I just took the whole back end off and the stator and impeller all look fine! Did you replace the cable yourself? It is hard to route it all the way through?

Yes I did it myself. Its not that hard at all. Start at the rear and take apart from the rear moving forward. I bought it online for about $140.00. If you took the stator apart yourself, then the cable was very easy to swap out. www.seadoopartsnation.com should have your part. Just break it down by name, etc and it will find your part number. A good hint: when you remove the nut and start to push and pull it through the hull, tie a string onto the end so that you can pull the new cable back through the hull. Use it as a fish tape. But you should be able to remove the rear portion of the cable that hooks to the steering nozzle, and see if the cable is damaged, before you order one. But this was the case with me. I screwed around talking to Seadoo mechanics and they all said that THE CABLE WAS NOT THE PROBLEM. Well, it was in my case. It was clearly damaged once I removed the rear portion. If it has that rubber boot on it, slide it off. That was where my damaged cable was. You can also test it by having someone turn the steering wheel while you hold onto the steering nozzle (that the end of the cable mounts too at the rear). If the cable binds and turns up while you ate holding it, then its damaged. Good luck. I know exactly how frustrating it is NOT being able to turn both ways.

So, good news, it turns out it was the little "c" shaped couplers at the back end of the ski, around the steering cable. They weren't locked around the right groove and that was making the cable bow inside the ski when the nozzle was under pressure. Retightened them and it works perfectly. Thank you so much! I was litterally pulling my hair out! Have you ever had your warning light blink? It says in the manual that it is the bilge pump, but mine seems to be working fine? Again, thanks so much!

Good, glad you got it fixed. No I have never had any problems with that light, sorry can't help you there. Good Luck,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back