Seadoo 140mm 3.5 degree wedge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codylee

I've owned a 96 xp and a 99 Sportster 1800 for close to 5 years. Ive always wanted a wedge for the XP but couldn't find them ANYWHERE. About a year ago I bought a 3D printer and have gotten pretty good with it. So I started designing a wedge for my seadoos. It took me a while to get the size, fitment and strength I wanted. Its made from PLA plastic. I designed a inner lip on one side and a outer lip on the other to fit the pump and nozzle perfectly. Its much stronger than you'd think. I even stuck a go pro by the pumps on my sportster to see if there was any flex issues while at WOT. None whatsoever. They have been on the boat for about 6 months with no issues. All I did to install was apply a coat of silicone to both sides of the wedge when I assembled it. I didn't expect much of any speed increases on the Sportster cause its so big and its got 720s. I put them on it because the bow seemed to bounce around a little to much for me. The wedges fixed the bouncing issues and I've gained about .5 to 1mph on top end. The XP would throw a pretty wicked rooster (not sure on speed cause I don't have a gps on it) but it seemed faster lol.IMG_5919.JPG IMG_5918.JPG

Anyways, I figured there was probably a couple people looking for 140mm wedges like me so I made a listing on Ebay. I've only made a 3.5 degree wedge but I can design one with less angle if needed.

http://r.ebay.com/MZON3c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back