Sea Doo Sporster 96

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

orly1693

Good afternoong guys,

OK so after about 2 month of not using my sea doo sportster 96 (720engine) yesterday when i tried to turn it on it wonk start the engine just making a clicking noise. I make the solenoid taste and when i jump the soleniod it did nothing so i understant that ghe solenoid its good. What should i check now? I it the starter??

Thank ya'll guys

Check that the starter isn't engaged and stuck in the flywheel by gripping the PTO flywheel and seeing if the motor will turn a little by hand. Next, I'd check the battery. While the starter is cranking, the voltage should not drop below 11v. If the motor is not seized and battery is good, check the voltage at the solenoid posts. It should read what's at your battery. The voltage should be exactly the same on both posts when you hit the start button. If it's off, your solenoid might not be making enough contact to drive enough current across. It takes nothing to give you a good voltage reading, so if the voltage reading isn't 100% equal when it's activated, that's a dead giveaway of a bad solenoid. I'd check your wires. Make sure the ground is good. You can take some jumper cables and provide it an additional ground, and see if that makes it better. You can do the same with the red wire going to the starter, but this is much more dangerous and can lead to big sparks. For safety, I'd suggest pulling the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back