sea doo speedster 150

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
215hp rotax 4tec

#1 wax the hull
#2 carry as little extra weight as you can
#3 if you run very light a slightly stiffer prop can be added
#4 Raise your octane 87 to 91
#5 make sure your engine is breathing as EZ as possible
#6 check to see if the electronics can be adjusted
#7 make sure the fuel system is ac clean as possible

Would like to know how it is performing now

He should be running 91 to begin with......

-1st mod id do is the intake grate, X modles fit. R&D's "X" grate will give you the most top speed (rxp-x it gives an extra 3mph) and will give WAY better hook up in the chop. The Worx X grate is the best choice if you boat in choppy water

-Next id fill the ride plate holes. Clean the area really well. Next cover the bolt heads with duck tape foil ect ect then use JB water weld or similer product to fill the holes then once dry sand flush

-Also use The Right Stuff by Permatex to fill the gape where the ride plate meets the hull.

These first 3 thing can net you 2-4mph id say

These next mods will give you around 240hp

-Use kanaflex hose for and air intake
-upgrade supercharger wheel to a 9psi one If you go over 9psi of boost you'll need the mpem programed by powerchip think it about $500 even if your all stock you can still get an extra few more mph from the powerchip reflash.
-upgrade the innercooler
-freeflow exhaust
-impeller with these upgrade 15/20 should work best

Last edited by a moderator:
where can i order theese things? all the places i have seen has only for the pwc not the boat,

What was the result of the investment

How much speed can you pick up from all the mods listed? Is it worth the investment?

Worth the investment... to some it is a must while to others its pure enjoyment...So you have to ask yourself that question, none of us can answer that...
I pimped my rebuilt a 12 yr old sportster out... I put all the performance parts I could on her, they were actually cheaper then OEM parts for the most part. So to me it was worth it while If I could do it over again Id save the 3k in work ive done plus the 1500 for the boat as she was and invest in a twin engine 98-03 model (5-7 Seater)..
My 2 cents

Appreciate the feedback but would sure like hearing what the result of the investment was. Did people enjoy an increase in speed of 2 mph, 10 mph, more?

Thanks

To SportserJoel or anyone who knows

I read in SporsterJoel's thread the following add on's to improve speed.

-upgrade supercharger wheel to a 9psi one If you go over 9psi of boost you'll need the mpem programed by powerchip think it about $500 even if your all stock you can still get an extra few more mph from the powerchip reflash.
-upgrade the innercooler

I have some questions. First is there any benefit from improving the intercooler without replacing the supercharger wheel? I am concerned with boost exceeding 9psi and not having quick or easy access to reflashing the powerchip so I may avoid increasing boost if too risky. 2nd, is there better value in the powerchip reflash than replacing the supercharger wheel and the intercooler? 3rd If the impeller size is changed does the wear ring need to change also? The stock impeller size is 14/19 and the recommendation is to go to 15/20.

Thanks

To SportserJoel or anyone who knows

I read in SporsterJoel's thread the following add on's to improve speed.

-upgrade the innercooler

I have some questions. First is there any benefit from improving the intercooler without replacing the supercharger wheel? I am concerned with boost exceeding 9psi and not having quick or easy access to reflashing the powerchip so I may avoid increasing boost if too risky. 2nd, is there better value in the powerchip reflash than replacing the supercharger wheel and the intercooler? 3rd If the impeller size is changed does the wear ring need to change also? The stock impeller size is 14/19 and the recommendation is to go to 15/20.

Thanks

you dont need to reflash the ecu. there guys running well over 9psi on a stock ecu. If you go with a 9psi wheel with stock innnercooler then the stock ecu can handel it. if you go with a bigger wheel and or add an innercooler youll need to add an RRFPR to control the fuel (even with the ecu reflash you may need an rrfpr) Unless you want to increase the rev limiter id stick with stock ecu and add an RRFPR and A/F guage

bigger wheel + new intercooler + rrfpr and still don't need to reflash ECU? And stock engine can handle pressure? awesome !!!

what about the impeller ? stock is 14/19 and recommendation is 15/20. Am I wrong in thinking that one of these measures is the diameter of the impeller and the other is the pitch? If the diameter increases doesn't this affect the size of wear ring?

Thank you

Speedster 150 255hp

Do these mods apply to the 255hp as well? I just got the boat and I want to start the season on the right foot. Any info would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back