Sea-Doo 3D Which One?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTwinLake

Guys, looking for a little help...

I have been interested in getting back into PWC's, and I got a chance last week to ride a 2008 3D, now I'm hooked!!!

I am currently looking at 2004 thru 2007's for hopefully under $3000.

Is there a year or model I want to stay away from?

Are there any major advancements from year to year?

What is the difference between the standard and premium versions and how do you tell them apart?

What do I need to look for in a used machine?

Thanks,
BigTwinLake:cool:

Look for the 951 version, the 787 motor is fun but you will outgrow it. I think the 951's were red/black paint and were the later models (quite possibly what you rode last week).
If possible get one with a good service history, with the impeller and grate already done.
Try to get the extra parts: the kart seat is a lot of fun and the shoq pole is meant to be awesome, im still trying to get one but they are like 'rocking horse shit'.

Go with the DI system, but be warned fuel pumps are an issue with less than a 1/4 tank. Other than that great power and lovable

I'd go with the RFI...I hear nuthing but problems with the DI system on the 3d's. Mine's running strong for 6 seasons now!

I have a 2007 seadoo 3D DI black and red. Excellent condition. 951 engine direct fuel injected. Only 30 hours excellent condition. $4,500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back