Salt Water flush question ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rodge37

Hello,

I just got back from the ocean. Is it okay to flush my boat by just running my boat in the fresh water river near my house ?

Or do i still need to hook it to the hose in my driveway to flush it ?

thanks,

Justin

You could, but flushing is still recommended for fresh water use (maybe every 2 or 3 times) incase you suck up silt etc. I actually pour 50mls of dishwashing liquid into the garden hose before flushing after saltwater use (this helps to break down the salt crystals).

I guess it would clean the engine, but I think it would run afoul of most any state's environmental laws, as you coolant hoses and your hull could be carrying invasive species. I would not want to be the one that introduces Zebra Mussels to an area because I did not want to run a hose a bit.

You can use the Salt Away adaptor with simple dish detergent as well instead of pouring the detergent down the hose

I flush mine everytime. I run in salt and freshwater. I made a special adapter that I can control from the helm when starting and turning off each engine for flushing. I look at it like this, it takes me 5 minutes to spray my boat with salt away, flush both motors and wipe it all down. When the boat looks brand new in 5 years it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back