Rusty motor mounts

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mferg

I wire brushed my rusty motor mounts down to gleaming metal. Now should I paint these, grease them or what?

1996 Sea-Doo Speedster

Rustoleum primer (red stuff) and Rustoleum Black. Just need to protect the parts from the water and corrosion. Sounds like you got them prepped really good. Whatever you don't paint will look bad pretty quick. :) We have brackish and salt water where I live so it's hard on surfaces. Good Luck !!

Thanks! Yep, got all the Rustoleum goods ready to go. I'm re-painting both engines on my 96 Speedster. I live in Clearwater FL, so yes, very salty here, too. ;-)

My opinion is to coat them with some fluid film.the movement of the motor will shed and Crack the paint and not let the rubber breathe and will harden.

That makes sense, Poorman... and why I'm only painting the metal discs on top and not the rubber part itself.
Thx!

As stupid as this may sound I am not a fan of painting the tops of the aluminum insert.every time I have done that the always devulcanize.excuse the spelling.i don't know if it's the paint or water getting trapped and freezing or what.but they don't seem to last as long.oem or aftermarket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back