rub rail removal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you put them back on let me know the size and type of rivets. I don't even have a rivet gun. LOL

When you put them back on let me know the size and type of rivets. I don't even have a rivet gun. LOL

I think you asked this a while back, so again, 3/16" diameter, stock rivets on the rub rail are aluminum. Pop rivets, purchased by grip, in the case of the larger hulls, GTX, GTI, etc, 3/4" grip with a 1" total length. Smaller hulls like X4, GSX, GSI, etc. 1/2" grip 3/4" total length. At a slightly higher cost I did stainless rivets for strength and durability in salt water, but it's not necessary. On the GSX resto, I'm probably sticking with aluminum this time, the stainless ones are difficult to pop by hand.

You even asked where to purchase the rivet gun and quantity rivets you needed last time. I told you where to purchase the rivet gun, places like HD, Lowes, HF, all you need to do is count the holes...

I am merely interested in what he is doing and I hope he will post some pictures. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back