Rotax Engine Oil Chart

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SurfBeat

For all you boyz n girls out there that are looking for an alternative to Sea Doo brand oil, here is a list I found in my search.

Depending what part of the country you live in will dictate whether or not the oil is available.

My list is set forth alphabetically, so no preference was made on my part.

Amsol Interceptor Synthetic 2 Cycle
Amsol Dominator 2 Cycle
Amsol Sebera Professional Synthetic 2 cycle
Amsol Sabera Outboard Synthetic 2 cycle

Castrol Super 2 Stroke
Castrol Super Snow
Castrol Syntec Snowmobile

Citgo Superguard Marine Plus 2 cycle
Citgo Superguard Sea & SNow 2 cycle
Citgo Superguard Air Cooled 2 cycle

Pennzoil Outdoor 2 cyele for air cooeld engines
Pennzoil Outdoor Premium outboard & multi-purpose 2 cycle

Quicksilver PWC 2 cycle

Texaco Havoline 2-cycle engien oil

Stihl low smoke oil

Valvoline Durablend multi-purpose 2 cycle

A word of caution: Before you purchase any of the brands of oil set forth above, double check to ensure the oil is rated API TC AND IS LOW ASH.

I make that statement because the person that published the list listed Quicksilver Premium 2 cycle oil. I know from pesonal experience that albeit it is rated API TC, because it is also rated TCW3, it is an ashless oil, and according to all operators guides, a Sea Doo must be low ash, NOT ASHLESS.

(Ash is an ingredient in the oil that purportedly lubricates the rotary valve, a component that other manufactures do not use.

One more thing. Check your Operator's Guide to ascertain whether i requires a mineral oil, a blend of mineral and synthetic, or full synthetic.

From my research, the older Doo's that have a 587 or 657 engine can use either mineral oil or a blend because those machines do not have a rave valve.

Moreover, I've read that mineral or blend works best in those engines because they provide more efficient lubrication when not in use.

That said, the subject of mineral v synthetic is a topic of great debate, so, now that you have a road map, use it to get more answers and update this thread.

PMS: If you lost your Operator's Guide, you can get one one this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back