Rock in prop...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backdoc68

I had another thread that told of my misfortune with the rope being sucked in, seadoosnipe helped me with regards to the shaft but during my work I found a rock wedged in between two prop blades. It was pretty good size and was wondering if this would be what may have been causing the vibration (even after the rope was cut from the shaft) and the lack of speed in the water. Anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Shane

Absolutely....... Anything that interferes with the flow of water can cause a cavitation and vibration problem. The only way to find out for sure is to get it back in the water and give it a try.

Aaron

how bout that rock

Does the rock have a big smile and strikeing personality but a slightly lazy right eye? If so, his name is dexter and I lost him. I hope your keeping him outside. He has a bit of trouble with his house training. Makes sense that he was hiding in your impeller. He does love a good boat ride. Anyways I already replaced him with a piece of limestone so he's all yours now. Enjoy!

For sure that would change things!
I would pull the pump and look at the wear ring. I'm sure it went around a few times and scratched the heck out of it before coming lodged in the blades. And if the blades are bad, I'd get a rebuilt prop from SBT

First day out on my 2003 Utopia with the whole family sucked up a 3" by 4" piece of log.:(. Didnt know squat about jet boats at the time (1 month ago and amazing what you learn on this site and the maintanance manual!) so I took it to the dealer and paid 120 bucks to find out it was that. Vibrated horribly when in it. They told me there that cavitation (air bubbles for the stupid (me)) would cause the vibration and lack of speed. If you leave it in there to long they did tell me you could screw a whole lot more than 120 bucks up. Seen on other threads here that if you put it in reverse and go multiple directions you could shoot it out........did not come from one of the main guys you get good responses from but it was a idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back