Riding in Wasaga, Beach??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Bam Bam

Newbie to the forum and newbie to this sport. Been invited to a friends place in Wasaga Beach and wondering if the riding is any good there.

It depends what you're riding. If it's a watercraft, should be ok, just follow the channel when getting out to the bay if you launch from the river, as there are sandbars at the tip. If launching or riding further up from Sturgeon Point Marina (the big Orange building) there is a sections with lots of rocks around New Wasaga Beach. Not much different if you're riding a SeadDoo boat, just that the waves in Georgian Bay can make it very bumby for any small light craft under 18 feet.

Bam Bam, just to add to my last post, I'm assuming you're riding your GTX at Wasaga. There are several Jet Ski rental places on the river right by the main bridge that run hourly and the instructor takes them via the river to Georgian Bay, out about 2 km's in front of Beach Area 1 where he lets them boot around. You can look for the conga line of jet-ski's heading out. At this time of the year, watch out for floating debree on the river, such as clumps of weeds and branches, but once you're out in the bay, it's a blast. Check the marine weather conditions and if you see 'whitecaps' on the water it will be a bumpy ride, otherwise, happy 'Doo' ng.l

How many boat launches are there in Wasaga? I want to avoid Beach area1, because it will be packed this long weekend, I am renting a place, but if it is a lot of work I may leave it at home. I am over by beach area 4.

Big Water = Big Waves

Depending on what kind of riding you enjoy, riding on Nottawasage Bay can be windy and rough. If you're into wave jumping, it can be hard work but fun.

If you're looking for riding tips, places to go riding or people to ride with in Southern Ontario, check out my website at: http://www.intrepidcottager.com/

Intrepid Cottager

thanks, but us there a boat launch away from beach area 1? I want to avoid the craziness of all the cars and people.

Good Morning - Does anyone know where you can land a Sea Doo at the Wasaga beach areas. I can see the roped off swimming areas but was wondering if you can land/beach on the other beaches ?
Thanks

Sorry for the late reply, yes you can approach the beach. Avoid the main strip (where the storefronts are). You can approach in between beach areas 2-6 but you must come in at no-wake dead-slow and stay a good distance from people in the water, after entering the swim markers. You can also approach towards Allenwood Beach (east of the Nottawasaga river), just watch out for rocks.

Back