Recommended new oil nd fuel line clamps?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkkoeb

Changing out my grey fuel lines and oil lines. What do you recommend using for new hose clamps?

I get stainless steel hose clamps at Home Depot for fuel lines. They sell them in a 10 pack. Lowes also has them, but the screw is not stainless.

Little oil lines everyone uses small cable ties, big oil lines I also use cable ties but bump up to the 1/4" wide ones.

With the hose clamps and cable ties, make sure all the linkages do not interfere with the clamps when moving

zip ties work fine for the oil lines? Would pinch clamps (like what came on the boat) work better than the hose clamps?

If you're just replacing the little 3/32 oill lines then yes, just use cable ties. If you're replacing the oil filter use cable ties and if you're reconnecting the supply line to the oil pump, then use a bigger cable tie or a hose clamp but make use it doesn't interfere with the operation. If you're replacing the oil lines that feed the rotary valve shaft, use small hose clamps like the ones that are on there.

The fuel lines, yes, you could reuse the oetiker style clamps, or you could make your life really easy and use small hose clamps from Home Depot. They use the oetiker style for production purposes not cause they're better. They connect everything and install the engine and then just make a few connections vs 15 connections with a hose clamp.

Black zip ties can get brittle with age, I use the natural nylon ones from Panduit with the stainless steel barbs, they are step-less.

Black zip ties can get brittle with age, I use the natural nylon ones from Panduit with the stainless steel barbs, they are step-less.

I think you have it backwards, the black ones are UV protected while the natural ones are not. I have been using the good black Thomas&Betts ones with the stainless locking tabs for ove 25 years now and never had one brittle. Either way, just don't use cheap ones.

Not exactly backwards when talking about use in an engine compartment, top quality black ties like T&B & Panduit will hold up almost as well as the natural nylon, and only if sunlight is involved will they last much longer than their pale counterpart. The cheaper bargain black ones though will get brittle with age as they basically just add carbon to the nylon to combat the UV effects. I've thrown out an entire new package of them that probably sat on the shelf too long as they would just snap in half when attempting to cinch up. I've been getting my Panduit metal barb ties at a great price from Amazon in thousand packs, they have hundred packs also I'm sure.

Good info ronmold! I also suggest the Panduit gun if you can find one at a decent price on ebay, they are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back