Recommend Seadoo day cruise Lake Muskoka/Lake Joseph

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dmilling

Hey everyone in Ontario and all of Canada...

Just a FYI that a good day cruise with much to see is Lake Muskoka and/or Lake Joseph Ontario.

Many islands with large and small cottages
Millionaires Row (waterfront dotted with mansions)
Half way point is Beaumaris Marina for gas ice cream and washrooms.

Lake Muskoka alone maybe takes 3 hours if you go slow.

Port Carling and Lake Joseph is also just as spectacular.

I would recommend these lakes for a cruise for 2009

family tree

Hey Joel....aint good with family tree, but...your uncle's brother...:confused: Wouldn't that make him another uncle to you?

Hey Joel....aint good with family tree, but...your uncle's brother...:confused: Wouldn't that make him another uncle to you?
Any thing is possible in this world today. [only if his uncle maried his brother]
I do believe that he is talking about a blood relative aunt's husband's [uncle] brother. I hope that this makes sence. :confused:

Are your from the area? my uncles brother has a mansion on lake muskoka. Its a very nice area with more lakes then you could ever boat in a life time. another great area for boating in ontario is 1000 islands...

Actually we spend our summers in Wasaga Beach/Georgian Bay/Deanlea Beach but we make time to see other lakes and Muskoka is a must see .

I am planning a trip right now(anticipating summer!) Thousand Islands seem tempting !...Also Honey harbour

Gotta love the Muskoka's!

Hey guys! Great suggestion! I love the Muskoka's! Huntsville has a great water front and some nice pubs that you can boat into. I'm hoping to try and launch in Port Sydney then boat up through some of the lakes to check them out. I've been told it's awesome, just gotta watch out for the OPP!

Come on snow...melt!!

Can't wait to drop 'er in that fresh water!

Cheers!
--FW_D

Hey sporsterjoel, thanks for posting that link! I knew we had a lot of lakes/waterways in Ontario, but seeing it mapped out is impressive! I'll use it to figure out a good place to drop in the '89 when I get her out of storage. Bought her back in October, so as you can imagine I'm iching to see what she does! I reside in the Brampton area - guess Port Credit is about the best eh for a "quick" drop eh?

Too bad we all can't ride for another few months. Come on spring!

:cheers:

--FW_D

Ill be boating by late april, It might be a little cold but i dont care. Boat season way to short :cheers:

Hey sportsterjoel....I like the attitude...I just may get out there earlier this year as well....we have the seadoo knee length wetsuits from Costco as well, cannot beat those prices...do not forget the Body Glove life jackets as well ...good stuff. But I think I need a full suit for anything before June

This year I have made plans for a cruise around Honey Harbour with stops on Giants Tomb Beach .....and Brandy's Island Marina ...lots of small islands ....maybe catch some waves from the Miss Midland!

Hey sportsterjoel....I like the attitude...I just may get out there earlier this year as well....we have the seadoo knee length wetsuits from Costco as well, cannot beat those prices...do not forget the Body Glove life jackets as well ...good stuff. But I think I need a full suit for anything before June

This year I have made plans for a cruise around Honey Harbour with stops on Giants Tomb Beach .....and Brandy's Island Marina ...lots of small islands ....maybe catch some waves from the Miss Midland!

Last year I started out on the Ottawa and Rideau river in May...the water is pretty cold but the air is fine...as long as don't fall off you should be good to go.

I just read over the thread really quick and like joel says 1000 Islands is a must see. One of my fav things about going there is that there are tons or large cabin cruiser and tour boats that dish out amazing wakes! If you are in the are it's a must see!

Matt

I have a place on Lake Joseph, just lookign at getting a seadoo.....

parents would never buy one, so its up to me to buy my own...LOL....

If anyone is ever in the area, hopefully i have a seadoo in the next few weeks, e can cruz around

Might also want to consider going to Georgian Bay, starting from Woods Bay (Mactier area)heading to Moon river falls (amazing!!) Then up to Henry's Fish and chips on Sansuzi island, then up to Perry sound and back again! amazing right, lots of stop for gas, want to hit some waves to the outter channel, see some nice cottages take the inside channel. Great food and sites!!

Back