Question regarding GTX130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddonatto

My daughter just got a GTX 130 about six months ago. She nor I have ever owned a PWC. A few weeks ago, she said she went through a clump of seaweed and her jet ski has not been running right since. She said it will only go about 39 mph max and is louder than normal.

I looked under the Ski in the intake and don’t see any debri.

A couple of questions.

When hooking the ski up to a hose to flush it, should water be coming out when the ski is not running? I am use to a boat motor. Water only comes of of the Ski when it is running and it doesn’t seem like a lot of water is coming out.

What are some basic things I can check to troubleshoot?

You should not turn on the water before the engine is running. Water should come out of the pump and exhaust. The same amount of water as goes in should come out. You could have debris stuck inside the pump behind the impeller. It's amazing how little it takes to screw up one of these pump systems. I had a thin piece of reed, half the width of a pencil, about 5" long get jammed there once. The ski wouldn't plane and cavitated like crazy beyond 5000rpm. If I were you, I'd look very carefully into the rear of the pump, through the nozzle and see if you can spot anything. Maybe try to pressure wash it out backwards. You can also try that while it's running on the hose. The spinning of the impeller might help. If I ever suck something up and the ski loses the ability to go full speed, I stop the boat and wait for whatever it is to fall back out. It usually does on its own. Once or twice, I've had to jump in and physically remove seaweed off the bottom, but that was after Hurricane Irma and there was loads of seaweed in Biscayne bay for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back