Purchase advice/recommendations on purchase of a used PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikefl

I have an ‘02 GTX DI that I’ve owned since 2002... I purchased it used with 6 hours from a military enlistee being transferred.
We have enjoyed the ski and it’s been mostly trouble free, a recent fuel pump replacement has been the only repair.

I recently retired and moved to the local lake, so we are looking for a second ski.

I’ve been searching for another GTXDI, only because it’s the only ski I know anything about.
I’m wondering if there might be other similar skis I should consider... I’d like to keep the price under 8k.
There are sooo many makes and models available.
Are there skis I should avoid or skis that just “nailed it” as far as performance, reliability and cost of operation?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Time to join the 4 stroke club. GTX's are still the top of the line recreation ski from BRP. If you go with a supercharged model, I'd go with a 2017+, as you don't have to rebuild the superchargers.

Super charged... hmm, that means not using the exhaust for air pressure, does that mean they have a hood scoop? I love hood scoops! Or do I have that backwards?

Impressive that you've kept a DI for so long. They have a reputation of just grenading themselves. If you do go older/budget I recommend an RFI. They can be picked up for sub $2k and are the 787/800 which is generally more reliable than the 951di.

With the new 4-tecs you'll have to have someone else help you for reliability. But just remember 4tec is way heavier than the 2stroke you're used to. So while 130hp is a lot on your current GTX, it's hardly anything in a 4stroke. To feel as agile and responsive as what you have now, you're gonna want the supercharged models.

My 2021 (GTX) wake pro 230(hp) goes 67mph and my 2001 GTX RFI (110hp) goes 55mph. Granted the new ski is a much larger and luxurious ski, therefore a lot more to push through the water, it's something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back