Pump support studs loose

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBoss

I had a problem with one of the pumps on my 1996 Speedster last fall causing the plastic around one of the studs to crack. Over the winter I got a pair of pumps off of a buddy and sent them to OSD to have them rebuilt, so I wouldn’t have to worry about them for awhile.

Fast forward to today and I pull off the old pumps, to find that the mounting studs on the side I had the problem with are loose. The one stud that cracked the old pump has backed itself out of the cradle for the square nut.

IMG_0451.JPG

I looked up the parts diagram and it looks like there’s just a double nut around the pump mounting plate that hold the stud in place? I’m hoping that they just vibrated loose and haven’t worn the mounting plate, which seems plastic?

My next question is, is there a way to tighten them down and apply some loctite that doesn’t involve taking off the mounting plate/shoe? I’m guessing not, and then are there any tricks to taking them off without damaging the old and brittle plastic? I noticed they are not available from the warehouse or OSD.

Thanks in advance for anyone’s help

The nuts are inside the hull on the engine side. You should be able to just tighten them up.

I would also suggest to remove the studs first so you can apply some sealant. From experience, water was always flowing in past, and filling the bilge. Only happens while the boat was parked or stationery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back