prop won't fit new wear ring?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

caribou95

Replaced wear ring on 95 speedster,but impeller is tight going back in.Is this normal?Is the wear ring tapered?any suggestion would be great .THX.Impellor was repaired but not leading edges.Is there a spec for the prop to measure?

Check to make sure that you did not pinch the thrust washer in the hub when you put the impeller on, I had the same thoughts with my new impeller but then found it to be pinching of the washer.

Who's wear ring are you using? Sea Doo or someone elses? I had MANY problems woth aftermarket wear rings.

I just did my speedster this fall and the ring was very tight. The impeller had to be just so to get it in. By the way, If you have one pump, it is not a speedster. They have two pumps. One pump is a sportster.

Frank

yes i have 2 jets!!!,i had to file down the corners on edges.Now it fits.no problems anymore,must been prop repair place that screwed it up.i did use oem parts.thx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back