prop shaft seal leaked water into seadoo, now it bogs and smokes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

krazykoncepts

Hey

Im a bit new to the whole seadoo scene so I was hoping you could give me some inpute.

I bought a 05 GTi last year ran it once and everything seemened fine. After this past sat and sun on it started to give me problems. At first it died then was having difficulty cranking, it would fire up but would go maybe only 1/4 speed and was bogging like crazy and dieing, and was giving off white smoke.

Once problem i noticed was that the under seat had ALOT more water then normal (about 1/3 up the way of the batter) turns out it has a leak where the prop shaft goes through the hull.

Now myquestion is will all the water on the inside be causing this problem? or does it sound like I have more then one problem here....

Shaft seal

I am dealing with a similar problem right now with my 98 GSX. I put water inside mine on the trailer to see where the water is coming from and sure enough it was the seal on the prop shaft. On mine there was a clamp around the end of it and when I thightened it with a screwdriver the leak stopped. The problem is the engine would not turn over as well with it tight. I found out there is a grease fitting on it so I pumped it full of grease. Seemed fine so I took it to the lake and it started bogging like you say. Finally the water got all the way into the air box on the carbs and it died. The end of the seal, which looks like a large radiator line with a metal end had popped completely out and was letting water pour in! I finally drug it to shore and got the water out of the boat but the engine had gotten so much water in it the engine hydrolocked. One good thing I found out is I know where the leak is! The answer to your question is yes. If you get enough water in the boat it will bogg out and eventually quit from sucking water in the carbs through the air box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back