prices quoted

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I gotta a quote from C&C in Brighton on a base Spark 2 up with 90hp engine. Base price is 5699 and OTD is 6901. Lol I'll pass! I'll wait until there MSRP plus tax.

Tax on 5700 in MI is about $342 then there is a shipping/ destination fee, then there is registration and title fees, plus a prep fee of a couple hundred. Same thing when you buy any new powersports item or new car. Unless it is a model that isnt selling and they are just trying to unload it at cost.

Tax on 5700 in MI is about $342 then there is a shipping/ destination fee, then there is registration and title fees, plus a prep fee of a couple hundred. Same thing when you buy any new powersports item or new car. Unless it is a model that isnt selling and they are just trying to unload it at cost.

I have never paid a dealer prep and destination fee on any of the Sea Doo's I bought new. These fees are included in the MSRP. Anyone who tells you prep and destination are extra are taking you for a ride.

Lol destination fees are not included in msrp. That is just the retail price for the machine itself. Seadoo is not going to eat the shipping cost. Do you think that if they ship a shipment to south California and then a shipment to NY they are going to charge the same when they originate from Mexico. I priced the spark at 4 different local dealers. ALL of them came in within $50 of each other and all had a destination fee,prep fee and tax and title fees, Dees, K&W, MCPS, and Ronsue. All larger purchases have a destination fee, including every new vehicle. When the Chevy/GMC trucks were made in Pontiac they charged a $200 destination fee to Matthew Hargraves, Hamilton, and all the other local dealers around here.

Although the prep fee should not be applied since all they are doing is uncrating them and peeling of plastic film. When buying a quad though they do have some assembly they have to do, putting on the rims and tires, handle bars, ect.

Lol destination fees are not included in msrp. That is just the retail price for the machine itself. Seadoo is not going to eat the shipping cost. Do you think that if they ship a shipment to south California and then a shipment to NY they are going to charge the same when they originate from Mexico. I priced the spark at 4 different local dealers. ALL of them came in within $50 of each other and all had a destination fee,prep fee and tax and title fees, Dees, K&W, MCPS, and Ronsue. All larger purchases have a destination fee, including every new vehicle. When the Chevy/GMC trucks were made in Pontiac they charged a $200 destination fee to Matthew Hargraves, Hamilton, and all the other local dealers around here.

I don't know why we are talking about cars? Yes, new vehicles are charged a "destination fee" and are even shown on the manufactures website as to what those fees are. I don't see any such "destination fees" talked about in Sea Doo's small print or on their own website. Like I said, speaking from personal experience I have never paid for a destination and setup fee for any of the new Sea Doo's I have purchased. I even had a few dealers tell me those fees are included in the MSRP. I don't want to get in a heated debate over it but if you feel compelled that you have to pay those fee's then so be it!

If you buy one without paying it let me know and Ill go*there to buy mine. When was the last time you bought a new seadoo. Judging by what you have now its been about 14 years. Things have changed a bit in fees for everything. I have not found one place that waived the destination fee, the destination fee was $200. Buying anything new we are always going to pay some sort of fees, thats why many of us buy used. I dont want to pay those fees either but we all know the saying, you got to pay to play. They are also raping us with the software upgrade for $700. As for nothing on there website about the fees, they also dont have prices on anything for the spark. That build you spark has been coming soon since september.

I don't know why we are talking about cars? Yes, new vehicles are charged a "destination fee" and are even shown on the manufactures website as to what those fees are. I don't see any such "destination fees" talked about in Sea Doo's small print or on their own website. Like I said, speaking from personal experience I have never paid for a destination and setup fee for any of the new Sea Doo's I have purchased. I even had a few dealers tell me those fees are included in the MSRP. I don't want to get in a heated debate over it but if you feel compelled that you have to pay those fee's then so be it!

You are so wrong, my guess is that you have never purchased new.

You are so wrong, my guess is that you have never purchased new.

lol, if you say so...

Actually, the last ski I bought new was in 2008 and paid no dealer prep or destination fee on. Just TTL. You also got to remember the new Spark is very popular so dealers can pretty much ask what ever they want and get it. Supply/demand thing. The guy I spoke to seemed very adamant in telling me to get my order in right away otherwise there won't be any left for me to buy. He says Sea Doo is limiting the amount of Sparks that each dealer is able to get. Try working a deal on a in stock ski, I bet the outcome is very different.

Unfortunately with the Spark, The margins for the dealers is extremely low, and Seadoo reps are telling the dealers to charge additional fees if they want to make a decent margin.

Personally I don't think any dealer would waive the destination charges on the Spark, they would be losing money at that point.

Unfortunately with the Spark, The margins for the dealers is extremely low, and Seadoo reps are telling the dealers to charge additional fees if they want to make a decent margin.

Personally I don't think any dealer would waive the destination charges on the Spark, they would be losing money at that point.

I'm pretty sure the manufacture has to disclose what the "destination fee" is otherwise any manufacture could list a really low price only to tack on hidden fees once the purchase process starts. For example; I advertise a new jetski with a selling price of $4999 but find out once I get to the dealer there is a "destination fee" and "preparation fee" that brings the price up almost $800, so the actual selling price is $5799. This practice is known as "bait advertising" and I believe is illegal in many states.

I posted this on the very first page of this thread--my dealer is waving the freight and prep. It's written right on their website. Now, there are notary fees and fees to process the registration on top of the registration fee paid to the state, but I'm pretty sure they don't have the inflated DOC fees like some dealers do. No matter what I would buy new or used, dealer or private party, I would still have to pay the processing fee on top of fee to the state, unless I downloaded the correct paperwork and filled it out myself and mailed it to the state and actually got it correct.

http://www.smithmarineusa.com/new_v...Manufacturer=13&Category=4&CatDesc=Watercraft

Back