Power/RPM loss

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaDooTim

While driving WOT, a passenger sitting on the port side rear heard a "sound" and looked at my RPMs...noticed the port side was running approx. 1500 rpm lower than the starboard engine. I did not notice much difference at the time since it was pretty windy and I was fighting to keep it straight. After slowing down, I accelerated to half throttle and noticed my power loss. At idle, RPMs are the same, but as I accelerate, the difference is about 1500. It appears max RPM for the port engine is at 6500. With port engine running only, I can hear a faint rattle (I guess, as both engines sounded different when new). No fluid loss that I can see, oil level same on both engines. Any ideas what to look for?

Im guessing yours is the 430hp supercharged, so with that said pull the intake hose off the supercharger and see if the impeller will spin. If it does then its a supercharger failure.

Thank you for the response.

I checked the port side supercharger as you suggested, and it spins. Any thoughts as to what broke? Any chance of the broken parts getting in the engine?

Attachments

• 215_SC.JPG
    215_SC.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 9
Youll need to pull the charger out and inspect it to know for sure what wrong but im guessing the ceramic washers have let go or slipping really bad. YES pieces can get into the motor so stop using the boat..... and while you at it pull the other supercharger off as it probably on its way out and will need to be rebuilt aswell

After speaking with the service desk, I was given a rough estimate (without looking at the problem) of $4000 (out of warranty). He said the engine will have to be pulled and pumps checked and replaced if needed. I doubt I will spend that much up front, but may spend more in the long run if I attempt it myself. Your thoughts?

Does this site have the service manual for the 2007 230 Challenger SE SCIC?

Mt thoughts? are have you pulled the supercharger off yet??? You need to do that first to see if something has let go or if its just really worn out and slipping. Befor you take it to the deal lets find the problem and go from there. $4000 will buy you a whole new motor if you get a shop manual you will and should be able to do alot of the work your self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back