possible fuel issue with my 95 GTS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor0515

Hi folks,
I'm new to the forum and am looking for a bit of help. I have a 95 GTS that has been running great for last 8 years. Last Saturday I was out for about 30 minutes when she shut down. i was creeping out of a creek when it shut down as if lanyard had fell off. That was not the issue. She would crank, but not start or attempt to start. Paddled to shore where i could get to the engine.
Spark plug wires are on, i could see fuel in the filter bowl. was able to pull supply and return line of at carb and had gas there. Finally got towed in. I check for spark at the wires and plugs and had constant spark. Compression in each cylinder is 150. I tried running a gravity feed fuel bottle to the carb to bypass tank and still no go. replaced all the fuel lines.
Decided to call my shop R&D Power Sports in Glenn Burnie, Md. Bad news, It's older than 18 years so I won't work on it ??????? Referred me to a guy at a marina that said he was full for the next few weeks but would be glad to look at it then. He said it sounded like a fuel issue and says it may need a carb rebuild.
I have a fair bit of ability so I got a rebuild kit and tackled it this morning. Internal fuel filter was really dirty. Put it back together, choked it and it started and ran for about 5 seconds and I have yet to get it to start again.
Does anyone have ideas or suggestions that I haven't tried ??????
Is anyone aware of someone in the Southern Maryland area or reasonable close that will work on the older SEADOO's and doesn't just say they can work on it and would be happy to take my money and not stand behind their work ?????
Thanks for all the info I can get,
Lloyd

Had another selector from a XP, checked flow in both settings and was ok so I put that in. Don't recall if i've tried it in reserve but will try that.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back