Piston circlips

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghtaboma

Can’t get the things in while engine is in ski. Any hints? Can I use internal clips that use two pronged tool?

Install the two on the inside before putting the pistons in the engine bay. Slide pins in from outside once pistons are over the rods and carefully install the last two circlips. Make sure to get the circlip’s gap orientation correct and stuff rags and towels into the engine opening so at to prevent any errant clip from falling in the cases. I always start one side of clip in the groove and work the other in with the edge of a small 6” metal ruler or pick. Not unusual to have them spring loose so put something to prevent them from falling down under motor in the hull too.

As said above but the gap needs to face directly up or down. I like to have it down and start the end away from the groove, then try to roll it in by hand then the last little shove use a pick in the groove to lever it in.

Only use the wire ones, don’t ever use the ones with plier holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back