P0335 trouble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey guys it’s been a while, guess that a good thing ha!! I ran into an issue with my 2001 rxdi, dropped a new crankshaft into it last year, melted a thrust washer, and it ran great all last season. Haven’t been out much this year but when I started it up on the trailer it idled like crap, threw the p0335 code, so I changed the sensor, stator and magneto. Now it idles prefect but if you give it any throttle it just boggs down at 3k rpm. There were no shavings in the housing at all. Flywheel teeth all look perfect and barely any rust, did not swap that out. Scratching my head here, only other thing I have read about is the mag crank bearing could be loose?? Idk about that. Any help here much appreciated. Thank guys, hope your summer is going well👍👍

Just seeing this. If it is bogging first thing I'd check is the hoses to the rave valve solenoid. Make sure the solenoid is working properly. I'd check fuel and air pressure for certain. Something as simple as a bad o-ring on the fuel rail can cause your problem as well as a pressure regulator on the fuel rail.

I had a bad Rectifier on a RX DI and the ski would not take any throttle at all but would idle beautifully. :) Someone suggested to replace that and when I did... shazaam !! Ran like a champ. Don't rule out battery issues.

I have solved ZERO problems on the RFI or DI using the Candoo. Always good old fashioned troubleshooting does the trick. Good Luck

NOTE: I wouldn't look too deeply into the hard parts on the engine for this issue.

Just seeing this. If it is bogging first thing I'd check is the hoses to the rave valve solenoid. Make sure the solenoid is working properly. I'd check fuel and air pressure for certain. Something as simple as a bad o-ring on the fuel rail can cause your problem as well as a pressure regulator on the fuel rail.

I had a bad Rectifier on a RX DI and the ski would not take any throttle at all but would idle beautifully. :) Someone suggested to replace that and when I did... shazaam !! Ran like a champ. Don't rule out battery issues.

I have solved ZERO problems on the RFI or DI using the Candoo. Always good old fashioned troubleshooting does the trick. Good Luck

NOTE: I wouldn't look too deeply into the hard parts on the engine for this issue.
Hey, thanks for the response. I totally agree with you on the old fashioned troubleshooting. I think the Candoo just messes with your head anyways. I actually swapped a new rectifier and it did not solve the problem. Fuel and air pressure at idle and half throttle all look prefect. I will take a look at the rave valve solenoid and verify that is working properly. Our season up here in the northeast is coming to a close which just makes me want to bag it up and wait till next year lol. I would like to get this done before hand. Talk soon.....

You may not have read one of my posts recently. I installed the rave solenoid lines backwards. Shoulda seen me troubleshooting that? Imagine very very lean at low speed, good power to 6200RPM than nothing on top of that. Lean because the rave was letting in air at low speed, then at high speed it CLOSED the raves. LOL Good thing I had another DI. Ha ha. Ran like a raped Ape once I took "my stupid" out of it. Ha ha Good Luck !!

You may not have read one of my posts recently. I installed the rave solenoid lines backwards. Shoulda seen me troubleshooting that? Imagine very very lean at low speed, good power to 6200RPM than nothing on top of that. Lean because the rave was letting in air at low speed, then at high speed it CLOSED the raves. LOL Good thing I had another DI. Ha ha. Ran like a raped Ape once I took "my stupid" out of it. Ha ha Good Luck !!
Hahaha, I'm sure that has happened to me also somewhere down the line. I just got to work on this again only this weekend and I'm still scratching my head on this. It starts up well, I left the new regulator in there just in case, and I keep getting the same problem..... idles just fine and as you give it some throttle, around 4k I get the beeper sound and MAINT flashes. Of course I go back to the Candoo and I keep getting the CPS code and absolutely nothing else. Its really weird, Im starting to think that there is something up with the teeth on the flywheel. Idk, the season is pretty much over up here in the northeast so I have some time to work on this.

Back