Over heating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

robin savell lloyd

Has anyone experienced a pisser that works for the first 5 minutes and then engine seems to run hot and quits pissing. This is a Kawasaki 900 stx that has been sitting for years

You have a blockage somewhere. I would blow out all lines and fittings with compressed air.

It seems to but I have not ran it more than 5 minutes on the hose and when it is on the hose there is no load being put on the engine to bring it up in temperature as fast as when it is on the water with a rider running it at high rpms

Don't run it that long out of the water or you will overheat the driveshaft seal.

I would guess the issue is in the pump then. Could be clogged or too much impeller clearance can cause loss of flow.

I bought this 1998. Kawasaki 900 STX ski 6 months ago, it has been garage kept all its life. I was told it has been sitting for 6 years. It has 70 hours on it.

I found the problem after removing the head and the top of the exhaust. I will start Titling all my post relating to this ski "1999 Kawasaki STX 900" Some of what I share may apply to other skis as well. The problem was in the exhaust right were the water line tee's off to the head. Wish I did not take the head off but at least I know there is no restrictions in it and the cylinders ports are clear. blew out lots of sand.
If you unscrew the brass fitting at the top of the exhaust and put an object in the hole "such as a screw driver it will bottom out within an inch but if you put a pointed object in it at an angle it should go further. The inside of the hole "wye's off" so you need to make sure both sides are clear. Mine was completely blocked off. it took a little scraping to clear it up I am now waiting for my gasket kit. Removing the head did make me have to open the top of the intake where I discovered the flame arrester tubes were starting to disintegrate. it must be a common problem as there are many sellers online selling them.

Looking to see if anyone can help me out with a problem, lets a friend ride my seadoo and he was spinnin around on it lots. He came back and it wouldn’t go over 25mph usually goes 70mph. Seadoo will start then shut off 10 seconds after. Seems like the machine is bogging and running shitty. Not really sure what it would be this is my first seadoo

2004 seadoo 215 rxp super charged
Runs for 10 seconds or so then bogs out

i ended up draining gas tank, adding oil and changing out spark plugs made the machine run way better. But now at 3/4 throttle the seadoo doesn’t wanna reach top speed. Usually goes 73mph, but will go to 55mph max? Not sure whats going on and rather not pay big money at local dealership. Please if anyone has a good idea why its not running like it should be! Also for example when goinh 45mph the rpms go up and down from 6000-5000 while keeping a steady speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back