Old school 1996 gsx vts fix

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jschorr

Hello,

First post here. Appreciate the wealth of information you guys have. it's helped me put my budget not running jet ski back on the water much sooner than I thought it would be.

Came across something I don't quite understand and I'm pretty sure it's not stock unless Sea-Doo likes to wrap cut wires up in electrical tape.

There's a small box taped into the wires above my non-functioning VTS enclosure that's pictured below, the front is labeled 451m. The back is pictured. Looks like they cut
the harness wired this box directly to the motor the power supply and the switch. Honestly doing rather good job of it, took me a while to realize it wasn't right. Any ideas on how I replace this to make my VTS work again.

Background:
Motor runs when hooked directly battery, both directions. Connectivity between the switch and the last connector before the box, both up and down. I checked the fuse. I turned it on and off again.

Any help would be appreciated I know there were a ton of random fixes for the VTS system I just need to figure out what this one is so I can get it going again.

What you probably have is the trim fix. Look up Trimfix.com
I installed one on my 95XP
Appreciate it. But it looks like that domain if for sale.

Think I found it as a door lock relay. Thought I needed a power window relay for that work around but learning new things every day.

Have to search "thetrimfix.com" make sure you have the in it.
but if I remember correctly the red and black wires, from his control box goes directly to the battery. then there were 2 other wires for the up,down switch can't remember the colors. I would have to look at mine or see if I have the direction he had with it. pretty simple wiring, did you say you checked all the fuses in the electrical box? Think he also had an inline fuse on the red wire.
Background:
Motor runs when hooked directly battery, both directions. Connectivity between the switch and the last connector before the box, both up and down. I checked the fuse. I turned it on and off again.
What do you mean you turned it on and off again?
But if you want to go back to stock you would have to get a used VTS seadoo trim module, I dont think they are making them anymore, but I could be wrong on that.
There are a couple fuses in the gray box, that work with the VTS, usually towards the front of the ski.

Last edited:
Appreciate the response,

honestly I think I posted too soon I found the wiring schematic over on PWC today. Just got Heat out of left field by finding that because the guy I bought it from, a 15 year owner, was not exactly the type to do a mod like this... But each his own apparently soldering circuit boards into your ski was a okay but rebuilding a carb was scary.

To turn it off and turn it back on was an IT joke.

Ok cool good luck, I will have to look at mine I can't remember if thats what mine looked like or not, but maybe its been changed through the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back