Now that the seadoo boats are getting older

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcookr1

Has anyone started to look at the scarabs. They are not much more and are newer will a small dealer network. I just started to look didnt know what everyone else was thinking I still look at the scarabs as seadoos

From the posts on another site,(more yamaha peeps there) the QC on the Scarabs is hit and miss. Lots of posts about the dealers and BRP not working together etc. With that said, the 255 looks like a nice upgrade :). I did look at the Chap 2430 at the spring boat show as well. Seems like all the motors have the catalytic converters, but most of the twin engine boats are available with 250's. Rumor is there may be a Scarab 25 foot center console jet this year.

From what I have read there seem to be common engine alignment issues causing carbon seal leaks. Exhaust host clamps loose, even a couple that disconnected.

Both the Scarab and Chaparral are two in keeping an eye on. Most likely we will have our SeaDoo another summer or two until the prices of a used Scarab or Chaparral drop a little. We really want one with the electronic reverse bucket control.

I have also read about the quality control on the Scarab. So I would be leaning more toward Chaparral. As for the engine alignment issues I've read their the early models but who knows you always hear about the bad stuff versus good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a scarab and dropped back to my seadoo 210.
had many many many issues with quality with that boat. I wouldn't consider looking at them for awhile in hopes they crack down on the problems they are having.

Well, think I might buy 2014 Scarab 195. Boat looks to be just a little longer than the Seadoo 180 but the power is 200 not 215 like the seadoo is that just a new raiting system because its the same engine but it does have a cat on it?

I am starting to look into Glastron. Not as fancy, but same BRP system, a bit more affordable than the Impulse and/or VRX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back