Not getting fuel?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

toy4runr

Hi folks. Well, I rebuilt my port side carbs, and now they dont appear to be getting any fuel... I disassembled them, cleaned and reassembled them just like the starboard ones... when I reinstalled them I am not getting fuel jetting into the throat of the carb.... I can actuate the throttle and I get nothing.. I cant think of what could be the reason... I got the new needle valves in right... what could I check next? I'm fresh out of ideas here...lol... thanks in advance for any replies.

I was thinking maybe I didn't get the carbs installed properly, so I took everything apart and reinstalled them, making certain to get the base gaskets in proper position.... I installed them one at a time and then connected the two big hoses on top and the little hose that feeds the jets that sit just below the choke plates.... there is fuel at the fuel line that connects to the forward carb... but no fuel after that....

All I'm left with is thinking that the needle valve in the front carb must be stuck in the closed position..... what say you?

The needle and seat don't have anything to do with fuel getting to each carb. IF you are only getting fuel to the front carb then your fuel pump isn't working.
Did you reconnect the pulse line from the engine to the front carb?

Yes, the engine has to be turning over for the fuel pump to pump fuel but not actually running.

Okay, thanks for the reply!... yup, pulse line is connected.. I thought that fuel should be running out of the fuel line when not connected to the carb... not so I guess... anyhoo, fixing to turn it over and see what happens...

Alright, I reinstalled and hooked up all the lines and cables. Got it to fore up and run but its racing at like 2500 rpm. So I shut it down and looked, the back carb sprays fuel when I actuate the carbs, but I got nothing on the front carb. So I got fuel to the back carb, not the front one.... I'm lost...

Did you check pop-off and leak down when you rebuilt the carbs?

Also it should be idling at 3,000 out of the water and will drop to 1,500 with the load on it from the lake.

Be extra certain that all of the fuel lines, especially pulse lines, are in excellent condition and attached with properly secured hose clamps. It's really easy to forget to tighten a clamp or miss a frayed end that might be sucking air.

I would strongly recommend checking pop-off pressures. The springs that come with the kits are not correct for most seadoos, and there's no guarantee that the springs you started with are the right ones either. I think the carbs on my boat had mismatched springs it was great. If the pop-off gauge is not in the budget maybe replacement springs are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back