No Spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

14GLucky

Traded a go cart for a 1993 Seadoo GTS. The seadoo was running till hitting a wave and died. I have no spark, have power going to coil when tested with a volt meter.[12volts]. it does pulse off an on. played around with the coil and got it to fire 1 time motor ran for about 30secs and died then no more fire.. Thinking its the coil that is bad any suggestions? Also having a hard time finding a used coil too try this out. I have to use the prosess of illimination since i don't have all the testing equipment.. Would really love to have some help here. before i spend a whole lot of money on something that won't fix it.. Thank You.. Also i checked the ohms on the coil from ground to where the wire plugs into it. i believe thats how you check it not sure but anyways had no change on the ohm meter stayed at 1 or better yet open circuit or what ever its called

Last edited by a moderator:
i think it is a loose or dirty wire or contact. the wires going into the front of engine. that is where spark trigger comes from. wiggle them while cranking. unbolt the big gang ground in the electrical box. sand every loop terminal clean and reconnect. pull the fuses and look at the spade terminals on the bottom of them. they could have bad contact even though not blown.

Ok I've cleaned all contacts and made sure everything was tight. Still no Spark. Again i have power (12V) to coil but no spark from the spark plug wires. I have 0 ohms on coil, Does this mean Coil is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back