No estimate prior to work done!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

guyettesherry

I had brought my boat to a seadoo dealer I had work was done on my boat without a written or even verbal estimate. Parts were ordered prior to my knowledge and installed without informing me of any prices. Three parts totally over 400 were replaced when they were changed less than a month ago‍♀️ Every part on my bill after was double the cost of any part online. They started it was my ecu, that’s why the guy working on my boat had such a hard time prior and couldn’t get it running. So I just feel this is unfair anyone have any input I live in nys.

That's why they are called Stealerships! Have you been living under a Rock?

PWCs are expensive to maintain and repair, like everything else Marine.
PWC Labor Rates are high.
PWC Parts are expensive.

Very few experienced Mechanics left that are versed in repairing PWC Two Strokes. Rare breed becoming extinct.

Why did you not ask for a Repair Estimate beforehand subject to your approval? That's your responsibility. By not demanding one, you effectively gave the Dealer Cart Blanche to bill you at will.

Maybe you can call SeaDoo Corporate and complain and they may help you come to a better resolution.

At our shop.,,we figure out was is wrong,,,what it will cost..and "then" we call the customer with estimate,,,parts and labour,,,end of story.

I had brought my boat to a seadoo dealer I had work was done on my boat without a written or even verbal estimate. Parts were ordered prior to my knowledge and installed without informing me of any prices. Three parts totally over 400 were replaced when they were changed less than a month ago‍♀️ Every part on my bill after was double the cost of any part online. They started it was my ecu, that’s why the guy working on my boat had such a hard time prior and couldn’t get it running. So I just feel this is unfair anyone have any input I live in nys.
Did you ask for an estimate? If so, you dont owe. If not, you will next time. If you can, email them asking for an estimate. Tell them to always save the old parts. Oil and rebuilt parts would be the exception. PS never go that shop. ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back