Newbee to Forum and Seadoo's (a few questions about my new toy)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWGTXSC

Hello!
Newbee to PWC & Seadoo Forum here and I wanted to make my first post to this forum and say howdee!! Long time ATV rider and decided to sell my quad for a PWC since we live near a large lake and also have a cabin on beautiful lake up North from our home, so it only made sense. Can't believe what I have been missing!! So much fun!!!:thumbsup:

So I purchased a 2006 GTX-SC with 64hrs on the craft (see attached pics) and it appears to be very well taken care of (single owner only). You could just about eat of the motor it was pretty damn clean. I took it out on the water yesterday for the first time and was super impressed. The lake was very choppy with a strong wind and when I opened her up I got up to 56mph with a full tank of fuel loaded and I weigh about 185lbs.

Quick question for the forum is this about the right speed for my Seadoo? I know it depends on several factors from what I have read....one being the oil level on the 4-Tec motors. I did check the oil and it is on the high side being just slightly above the high level mark. Does it really make that much of a difference? Am I in the speed range for this model?

Second question: I noticed the depth finder did not give me a reading at all. Only had several dashed lines that flashed, no matter what speed I was traveling fast or slow, deep or shallow water......just flashing dashed lines. Only thing I can think of is its malfunctioning or its due to the murky lake water. In the Seadoo manual it says "sometimes the depth finder will not function for various reasons it doesn't go into"......hmmmm, strange thing to put into a manual without some explanation. Any comments? Should I bother having it looked at or just keep my eye on it and see what happens at our lake cabin up North??

Other than that everything seemed normal and it seems to run very well. Plenty of power and pick up, handles great, sounds good, but being a first time owner I am nervous about the supercharger and its general well being. Thinking of having the whole PWC gone over by dealership for a clean bill of health. Figuring if its good to go to have the super charger rebuilt at the end of this summer as the craft was sitting for at least a year garaged. The poor thing has seen little use over the 10yrs.

Another observation was some minor oil on the bottom of bilge near the battery. Not very much at all......enough to make my finger dirty, I guess I didn't notice it before. Hoping my motor isn't blowing oil. Not sure how clean these things are suppose to be after you run them out on the water. I did have about 2 teaspoons of water I drained out of the hull from the rear plugs after about an hour ride.

Suggestions? Keep moving forward or start to probe around??

20160603_153616.jpg20160527_114443.jpg20160527_114228.jpg20160527_114455.jpg20160527_114223.jpg

Welcome! It's always nice to see more people from Seattle on the forum! I always go to Lake Washington when I ride so maybe one day our paths will cross.

I'm surprised you went out yesterday! The weather looked pretty cold for that. But I suppose you were excited to try it out.

I just bought a brand new one so I can't really answer much about older ones as but I know lots of people on here will be able to. But as far as your oil level goes you want to try to get it around the middle of the two bends. If the oil level is high then the engine can lose power and you won't be able to hit as high of revs.

It looks in great shape though! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back