New Seadek on C180SE and here is my experience...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carboncow

OK. You may have seen I wrote in the "what I did today..." thread but I wanted to blab a bit more here.

I really struggled with buying SeaDek due to the price but my swim platform was really beat up...and I have been wanting to try one of these faux teaks for years. I didn't order from SeaDeck as they don't have the best reputation for time this time of the year and instead went with JetBoatPilot.com as I noted they sold the product (they have the machine and don't just order from SeaDeck) when I bought my Vector Steering...and they were great to deal with on my Vector.

SeaDeck has a template already created for the C180 and JBP.com has access to that. I added a 3rd piece in for the step between the two rear seats...so they was my template request. They only charged me $40 more for this which is a great deal considering the rest was $420! Considering my requested piece was a third of the rear platform it should have cost over $100.00.

When I spoke to the team (via email and phone) the explained that I would prob way 4-8 weeks from SeaDek and JBP would prob turn it around in 2 weeks. I noted guys on the Malibu form complain about waiting 3-6 months!

Well at two weeks I sent an email to check on status as I was going out of town...they called me back and said they were waiting on raw product from Sea Deck and were behind and to expect another week...so it did take approx. 3 weeks. No biggie as I appreciate the communication.

It came and I opened the box and assumed it was wrong because the box was so small. It was just well wrapped to be honest not as thick I expected. I see on their site that custom projects have different depths but this template must be the thinnest. I would have hoped for more but crawling around on my knees today it's comfortable.

The work is good. I am a bit OCD and wished the template was a 1cm bigger on each side as it doesn't full cover the OEM non-skid...but nobody will notice once installed.

Follow their videos on how to install (I did) and you won't have any issues...it's silly simple if you do it their way. I think I put all three pieces on in 30 minutes or last including prepping the surface.

So my take?

It's WAY over priced. I honestly think this is $250 worth of product at best but if SeaDek is backed up for months then it sounds like nobody else is struggling with the price! It's reputation is good and better then hydro turf like products for durability. They claim 5-7 years and I'm sure I'll get every bit...but only time will tell. Just for comparison I bought a custom built Poppy cover for only $350 which seems like a lot more work or at best equal in project scope.

I would struggle to to buy this again for another boat due to price unless I'm really trying to solve a cometic issue...and not just needing a pad. To be honest i would also think a template like this should be simpler for the end consumer since the hard work is done and thus cheaper. I appreciate they basically gave away the 3rd piece to me but if it was priced at the proper size...then that proves the other two pieces are WAY over priced...WAY over priced I say.

But damn it looks good.

Bottom line...JetBoatPilot has my business. I wish they had more toys for Sea Doo but the jet boat world is pretty biased to Yamaha.

IMG_0148.jpgIMG_0147.jpgIMG_0145.jpgIMG_0143.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sea Dek looks way better than hydroturf IMO. Pricey, yes. It's about $1200 to do our entire boat.

Looks good...never seen this brand and I went with the HydroTurf....bUT like this design better.

one question....what brand radii you have and does it have 2 remote controllers? did you installed it? if yes, does the radio have the capability of 1 remotes or were the wires spliced to run 2 remotes? thanks!

Looks good...never seen this brand and I went with the HydroTurf....bUT like this design better.

one question....what brand radii you have and does it have 2 remote controllers? did you installed it? if yes, does the radio have the capability of 1 remotes or were the wires spliced to run 2 remotes? thanks!

Clarions can handle two remotes if you buy the splitter cable. I have one wired to the transom and a wireless (RF) from the dash. Just get yourself a zip saw and cut!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pricey but looks outstanding, great job with the install and write up. Just wondering if you won't miss the middle seat cushion. Seems like everyone wants to sit under the bimini and this reduces that seating from 5 to 4?

The center seat cushion still snaps in at the front for the infrequent times will need it. We spend a lot of time at the sandbar with boats. You'll notice most older challengers have the cushion splitting from fat people stepping on it

The center seat cushion still snaps in at the front for the infrequent times will need it. We spend a lot of time at the sandbar with boats. You'll notice most older challengers have the cushion splitting from fat people stepping on it

HEY...Go easy with "FAT" and "OLDER" in the same sentence.... There are some fat old boaters still kickin... j/k

Hey I'm in the club too! Speaking of fat and older here is the c180 meeting our 1989 Sea Ray Sundancer for the first time. Makes the BPR looks like a runt!

398.jpg

Hey I'm in the club too! Speaking of fat and older here is the c180 meeting our 1989 Sea Ray Sundancer for the first time. Makes the BPR looks like a runt!

398.jpg

I was just kidding, I may be old (on the outside) but never had a weight problem.

Wife & I love Sea Ray, they build great boats, some right here in my (AZ) neck of the woods. Happy Boating!

Good eye! Answer is no. My printer screwed up and I didn't note unit boat was on water. We've been discussing redoing it in the water or staying radar. Floating condo only runs to the islands 3 times a year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back