new owner from Vancouver, WA (lengthy post)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerx

hey everyone!

here is my story about how i acquired my first seadoo:

a couple of friends of mine owned an 03 XPDI that was sitting, covered, on the side of their house for 12+ years. her mom bought it brand new, rode it for a year, then passed away. my friend rode it for a year and then parked it. 60 hours on it. they brought up that they had it and they dont plan on doing anything with it, so they offered to sell it to me for $1000 cause they knew my jet ski got a hole in the hull and i was parting it out. after all the research on how problematic DI's are, i took a chance with it. took off the cover and it was IMMACULATE! super, super clean.

checked the old spark plugs and zero rust. used my scope and looked in the motor, zero rust. took the rave valves out and zero rust. engine looks great inside. took it home and threw a battery in it to see if it cranked and it did. ordered new fuel filters and tested the fuel pump to see if it worked and it did. so i cleaned out the tank as best i could (there was some corrosion in there as well as old gas), and threw back in the pump. tried to fire it up and it didnt want to fire. so... out came the pump again and i ordered a new pump. while waiting for the pump, i took the fuel and air injectors down and had them cleaned and tested. they passed and were in really good condition. cleaned out the oil tank and replaced with new oil. pump came in and i installed it. fired right up!!! however, the maint light came on. so i took it to a local shop (SK Northwest. AWESOME PEOPLE!!) had them reset the light and i took it out on the water.

the thing is a beast! super fun as well! looks like i might have scored with this deal!

anyway, nice to meet you all!20190828_200842.jpg20190828_200857.jpg20190828_200946.jpgResized_20190921_170610.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back