New guy here. I have a question about buying skis through globalgaragesale.com

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLASH1970

Greetings all. I am looking at getting a couple waverunners seeing that for the past 5 years, I have lived less than a mile away from the boat launch on Lake Geneva. I figure it's time to take advantage of my location.:)

My question is I have found a couple 97 Sea Doo XP's with a trailer for pretty darn cheap. Here's his ad...

I have 2 1997 Sea Doo XP's with a double aluminum trailer. New batteries spring of 08, new starters spring of 09. Both have variable trim and strong Rotax engines. The engines are 2 stroke and oil injected, so you dont have to mess with mixing the fuel. These skis are 2 seaters with suspension seats. They will get right up and move across the water at around 60mph. This model of ski does not have an hour meter, so I don't really know the hours on them. This model ski does not have reverse. If you are looking for a couple nice skis to get out and play on the weekends, these will bring you loads of fun.

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

But, the guy left them in the hands of globalgaragesale.com and here's what he has to say about that.

The titles are in the Global Garage Sale possession as well and they are already signed by me and notarized so they will be responsible for the titles transfer. Oh...and the titles are clear.
So like i said before i'll explain how The Global Garage Sale works because i want all things to be clear from the beginning. They are the best selling service on eBay, you simply drop an item to one of their stores or have them pick it up from your home, you find a buyer and they'll take it from there. When i left in Canada i left 4 items for sale in their custody, they picked them up from my home so don`t ask at what store, or where the item is exactly because i don`t know, all i know is that they are holding them in one of their warehouses, but as long as they are handling the shipping and handling i don`t care where they are.The best thing about this is that shipping is handled by them and the insurance and shipping fees are covered by them, they charge me a commission of course as nothing is free in this world but they like to call it free :). One more thing, the item is located in US not in Canada, so it will be shipped from US.
OK so here`s a short description of how they work: they have the item, you agree to buy it, you send me your full name and shipping address, i`ll send it to them as a confirmation that i accept you as the buyer, they send you an invoice with the transaction details and the payment instructions and you will send the payment to one of their agents. After they receive the payment confirmation, they will start the shipping process. After you receive the item, you have a 10 day money back guarantee to check if everything is in order. If you don`t like it you can return it within these 10 days and receive a full refund, or keep it and notify them so they can transfer the payment to me. If you decide to return it they will ship it back and they will bill me for the shipping cost so you see i have no intention of sending you something that isn't as described.
So if you agree with this terms and decide to proceed, then i will need your full name and shipping address in order to start the transaction. They will contact you by email so if you have other email accounts please let me have them so i can be sure that they contact you and avoid any possible delay.
As soon as i receive this details from you i will forward them to The Global Garage Sale exactly as you sent them.

Would you go ahead and buy them if you were me? Thanks for the help and I look forward to contributing to the forum.

It appears to be a scam.:( This sucks. I wanted a pair of Sea-Doo's. The search continues...

I found other forums where the same message was used for selling pinball macines and vintage drum sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back