New 1st Time Boat Owner

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boincali

Hello all! I am in the process of buying a 2006 Seadoo Challenger 180 (I think it is the CS model as it has a windscreen). The boat has been sitting in the sun in a Broker's lot for a year and a half. I checked the oil and it was a good color, not black, so I tested to se if she turned on. She turned on right away (I only turned her on for a few seconds and then right off again) and just needs a really good scrubbing. I was able to get her for $6600! I think thats a great deal as around hear the next lowest price was $8900 and from there they jump up to $10k and $12k. I have several questions as this is my first boat and have no idea what to do...

I wanted to ask what should I do for maintenance before I use her on the lake? I have a place in Big Bear and will keep her there and use the boat on Big Bear Lake.

The broker told me he had drained the fuel out and place 1 gallon in for showings.

Should I change the fuel lines? Fuel filter? Oil Filter and oil?

These models have a closed cooling system so has a small coolant tank which is circulated to the jet run bottom plate for cooling. So no outside water is used in the cooling. Do I need to flush to coolant?

While it is a closed loop system, does it use the surrounding water to cool the exhaust? And if so, is there a zinc anode in there somewhere? I could only see the zinc anodes on the outside of the jet drive (they are in good condition, no where near 50%, more like 70-75% (she was only run in salt water).

Where is the bilge pump located on these boats? How do I test it?

I read something about ceramic washers on/in the supercharger. Should I take out the supercharger and change those?

Finally, there is no hour meter on this boat. Is there any way to hook up an OBD II scanner to read the hours off the ECM? I have a scanner (Altell) that I use on my cars. Can I use it on the Seadoo?

Thank you for having this site, I look forward to being a member and will be glad to post pics of my cleaning / maintenance as I do it (once I pick up the boat next Friday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back