Needle and seat replacements? Springs?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

treimche

I'm rebuilding the carbs on a 1996 Speedster I just picked up. Ordering all Mikuni carb rebuild kits, but of course they don't come with the needle and seat. My local dealer said they're discontinued. Looks like there are some on eBay that are genuine. Mine look ok, but I think its worth the peace of mind just replacing them for the extra $80 it will cost. Are there other options to buy them? OSD is closed for another 10 days otherwise I'd buy from them.

Also, the little springs that are associated with the needle valve, should those be replaced? I don't think they have ever been changed, but then again I don't know for sure. I really don't want to have to take this thing apart again once I put the carbs back on. Thanks for the help.

What I'm currently dealing with..........
1563218351682.jpeg1563218351682.jpeg

Well, your dealer is a lazy idiot to put it kindly.

He can get them from Western Powersports, Parts Unlimited and any of his other suppliers.

What size do you need for your carbs?

Just search Amazon for 786-35015-1.2 for a 1.2, 786-35015-1.5 for a 1.5, etc. Or you can also use 786-35018-X.X. THe genuine ones should be about $16.99 ans should say "By: Mikuni".

@mikidymac thanks for the part numbers! I ended up ordering some OEM needle valves from eBay yesterday.

Now I need to figure out the springs though. It looks like one has some coils cut off of it, 3 of them are silver in color, and one is kinda green, so apparently those have been messed with. I can't find any of these anywhere, part number 270500267. Suggestions on what to do about this?

That is a Mikuni 80 gram spring. Never cut or modify them.

Either OSD has them or Nick and Jess at Westside Powersports.

That is a Mikuni 80 gram spring. Never cut or modify them.

Either OSD has them or Nick and Jess at Westside Powersports.

Thanks again for your knowledge! I'll be calling Nick at Westside Powersports tomorrow. It's awesome he's only about 3 hours away from me. Too bad I didn't know all this when I bought the boat, because I bought it about 20 min away from their Minnesota location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back