Need help with GPS Install on 08 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon B

I'm trying to install a 4" Garmin Echomap on my ski. This model GTX doesn't have any great locations, so I've landed on the almost flat spot right in front of the gauges (pic 1). I knew there was a wire protector/hose carrying the guage wiring down behind the front cover and into the hull (pic 2 and 3), and my plan was to access this to run the power and transducer wires. So I took the cover off and was disappointed to see that the hose is very short and the wires are coming in way down close to the hinge with a very specialized rubber seal that it doesn't look like I'll be able to utilize (pic 4). I was hoping it would be up much higher, near the gauges, and away from the water zone. I'm very uncomfortable now doing anything that might compromise the integrity of this seal. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I should mount this thing and how to run the wires where the holes can be sealed up tight? I eventually need to figure out the transducer as well, but that's stage 2. I just want this GPS mounted for now. TIA.

Attachments

• Mounting location.jpg
    Mounting location.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 17
  • Front cover.jpg
    Front cover.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Wiring hose.jpg
    Wiring hose.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Wiring entry point.jpg
    Wiring entry point.jpg