Mystery Oil Leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerald10

Need some help PLEASE! I have a 2010 Challenger 210 - twin 155’s. I am losing a small amount of oil from my starboard engine. Before I launch I check the oil just to make sure there is oil in both engines, I launch the boat, idle over to the dock and shut it down. Then check the oil in both engines, and the coolant etc. the starboard engine is always a little low. I top it off and go about my day. Both engines run great NO operational issues at all. When I get home and pull the bilge drain plug, water comes out followed by what appears to be new, clean oil. The ski locker (not on the swim platform) also has a mixture of water/oil in it. I have checked the oil pressure switch and it is clean and functioning. Ive looked around the engine and cant seem to find any oil that would be leaking. Any suggestions on what/where to check? Any help would be great. Thanks

I would check the PTO bellows bearing/boot. I this is an area where clean oil like that can leak out. They do go bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back