MPEM for 2002 GTX DI Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonLake

New here, hoping I'm posting in the right place.

So I'm having power issues with this GTX DI. I tried basic trouble shooting with no luck. From what I've read it MIGHT be a bad MPEM. The ski will turn if I jump the solenoid. So I'm pretty sure it's electric. I'm here for some input from the pros.

The ski gets zero power, as if there was no battery hooked up. No beeps or anything when key is on. No gauges or anything come on when Start button is pressed. Just dead. Battery is new and good (tested with meter). I've checked all fuses including the one in the back electrical box, all good. I've tested power at the starter solenoid (actually replaced it) and it has good voltage. Tested the DESS post by checking the Black and Black/Yellow with key on and off, key off OL, key on 000.0. Which means it's good from what I've read. Not sure how to exactly test the MPEM for power in and out.

All connections look good. Grounds are clean and tight. I have a new Regulator (Rectifier) on it's way so we'll see if that does anything.

So my question is, is there anything I'm missing that I can check before taking it to a shop? Should I try replacing the MPEM? They seem hard to find and the few I have found on eBay are like $600-$800. Will the MPEM have to programmed or will a used MPEM with it's pertaining DESS Post be plug and play? Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back