Modifying From Oil Injection To Fuel Mix.Rotary Valve Needs.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

392hemi

Hi Everyone. My first thread. I am rebuilding my 1996 Challenger (717). I am contemplating changing it from oil injection to fuel mix. The seals are gone in the base and engine/carbs fill with oil. Can I remove all oil related equipment? I read one time that my rotary valves need a separate oil supply? Doesn't the oil enter in the carbs and lube the valves?

No you absolutely can not.
No matter what you do for fuel needs you have to supply the rotary cavity with fresh oil no matter what and since your's is leaking into the crankcase your only solution is a new remanufactured crankshaft. If it only leaks a little oil when sitting a few days then you can put a ball valve on the 12mm oil supply line and turn it off when not in use but this is just a band aid fix.

As far as oil injection or premix, there is no valid reason to eliminate the oil injection on a seadoo. It is as reliable as it gets and you will use gallons more oil per season premixing plus the hassle of premix.

I really appreciate your fast intelligent convincing reply. I will go over my hoses and leave it be. I have already put ball valves on my oil lines. Thanks so much!

I do suggest replacing the oil filter, verify you are using the correct API-TC rated oil and replacing the little 3/32" oil lines from the oil pump to the intake manifold.

I really appreciate your fast intelligent convincing reply. I will go over my hoses and leave it be. I have already put ball valves on my oil lines. Thanks so much!
Could you please inform me of what type of ball valve I should purchase to do the same thing you are doing controlling the oil and where can I purchase one would be great.

Thanks

Could you please inform me of what type of ball valve I should purchase to do the same thing you are doing controlling the oil and where can I purchase one would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• oil valve.jpg
    oil valve.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 10
there are two size hoses. I dont remember what they are. But the 12mm vs 1/2" is basically the same size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back