Mercury 240 oil pump drive question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemicar

Starting to assemble my 240 shortblock and got to installing the new mercury plastic oil injection gear on the crankshaft and it is a little loose on the flats of the crank. Last one was broken so not sure if this is correct or not. Everything looks good but just has a little wiggle back and forth. Is this ok?

Sorry I don't know an answer to your question, but could you take a few pics of your re-assembly? That oil pump drive gear on the crank is what is known to fail and why so many folks eliminate the oil pump and go premix (annoying). I thought I read somewhere that there was an improved/upgraded/revised oil pump drive gear from Mercury. Is this the part you are installing? Cheers!

Sorry I don't know an answer to your question, but could you take a few pics of your re-assembly? That oil pump drive gear on the crank is what is known to fail and why so many folks eliminate the oil pump and go premix (annoying). I thought I read somewhere that there was an improved/upgraded/revised oil pump drive gear from Mercury. Is this the part you are installing? Cheers!
Yes I can get you some pics tonight. After talking to many repair facilities I'm not going to chance it and am just deleting the oil injection pump all together. These motors cost too much $$$ to rebuild to chance it with that POS gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back