Little paranoid on the VTECH tune for my 60hp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

TurnerBFC

Hey guys,

I just ordered my base spark last weekend and I will be picking it up this Saturday. I will follow the 5 hour break-in procedure and then do an oil change but I want to know what people have to say about the tune.

I have 2 years warranty and I am not sure if it will void that or not. Also, I do not want to do any engine damage.

Please chime in guys!

I have yet have a customer get their warranty voided from a v-tech, and the 109 tune is very stable with tens of thousands of hours without issue.

The only way a shop can tell there is a tune is if they look at the max speed and RPM values, which you can easily reset with the tuner. 99% of the time, there is no reason to pull this data, unless working on an engine with an issue. Even if they suspect there are mods, it takes extra time, and they get paid by the job, not by the hour. Shops don't want to void warranties, either, because it typically means less work for them as well.

Take this as just one opinion, and yes, we sell them on PWCMuscle.com so it does benefit me if you buy, but it's pretty safe to do a tune. I'm sure others will chime in shortly with similar opinions and results.

I have yet have a customer get their warranty voided from a v-tech, and the 109 tune is very stable with tens of thousands of hours without issue.

The only way a shop can tell there is a tune is if they look at the max speed and RPM values, which you can easily reset with the tuner. 99% of the time, there is no reason to pull this data, unless working on an engine with an issue. Even if they suspect there are mods, it takes extra time, and they get paid by the job, not by the hour. Shops don't want to void warranties, either, because it typically means less work for them as well.

Take this as just one opinion, and yes, we sell them on PWCMuscle.com so it does benefit me if you buy, but it's pretty safe to do a tune. I'm sure others will chime in shortly with similar opinions and results.

Awesome, thank you! One more question, is it possible to load the OEM 90HP tune onto my 60Hp spark?

I pick it up saturday and I know it will be under-powered form my 96' XP. Just don't think I want to go all the way to 110 for reliability reasons.

Thanks!

Awesome, thank you! One more question, is it possible to load the OEM 90HP tune onto my 60Hp spark?

I pick it up saturday and I know it will be under-powered form my 96' XP. Just don't think I want to go all the way to 110 for reliability reasons.

Thanks!

Yes, you can load the 90hp tune if you like.

Back