Lake Livingston 3/17/12..windy

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Rabid

The wind is cranking today and making it really rough.. didn't want to take it out.I got the ski running by changing out the old gas and changing out the plugs so when the wind dies down I will try to get out later today.

Does anybody ever get together at Lake Lvingston, like at Pine Island or somewhere just to meet and greet and check out rides? Yes I know people drop anchor at Pine Island and mess around there all the time it's just that everybody seems to stick to their own little circles for some reason. :-(

Monday Memorial Day was a blast, a little breezy but not too bad in the Blanchard boat ramp cove where I launched from. There was a pretty good amount of wave action from all the boats that morning (and more pontoons out there than I could count at one point!) but they started to thin out after 2pm and it got nice enough to push 55mph a few times. I clocked 2 hours runtime on my RXT, and a slight sunburn on the shoulders in spite of using SPF30 sunscreen and not getting in the water even once... I was ticked when I got home later that evening and looked in the mirror, CWAP! :-(

This coming Saturday the weather is forcast to be VERY nice for getting out on the lake again... I still have over 3/4 tank of fuel, I'm raring to go! :-D

Somebody tell me something about Beacon Bay and the Texas State Park, I've never been to either of those launches I've always launched at the public ramp at the end of Blanchard by Indian Hills Estates and the marina there. Beacon Bay sure looks like it's close to Pine Island, I drive by there on my way up to Blanchard every time now that I figured out the "scenic" drive.

- Michael

Back